Friday, July 24, 2009

A quiet street

This painting has been sold



Acrylic on hardboard approx 9" x 9"

This is a re-work of a painting I did in November 2007, so it's got a more autumn feel than a summer one. I loved the way the sun had got between the buildings and lit up that left hand wall with a bright L shape.

I won't be posting for a couple of weeks as I am going away. See you in August some time. In the meantime check out "Tuesday" the posting of 18th December 08 - that is also a recent rework. I like it much better now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Muir said...

Wow. This is wonderful, great light, and colour.

Take care,

Barbara

7:18 AM  
Blogger Olha Pryymak said...

very lovely, hope youll get plenty more sun during your vacation ;)
cheers,

9:06 PM  
Blogger Leslie Sealey said...

Nice! I think you did a great job using greys in the foreground to play up the warm burst of color from the sunlight.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Thanks Barbara, Olha and Leslie. Yes, I can confidently state there is a lot more sun here in Belgium. We had a great day in Gent yesterday. That's a beautiful old city.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Don Coker said...

I love the light in this piece, Sheila. A great effort!

www.doncokerart.com/blog

8:16 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Thank you Don, much appreciated.

9:45 PM  
Blogger rob ijbema said...

i love back street paintings
they have so much character
very nice how the l shape patch of light connects to the parked lorry

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home