Thursday, September 25, 2008

Clouds rolling in

This painting has been sold

Acrylic on wood panel 8" x 8"

Well, long time it seems since I graced the Stalybridge blog with a painting, and I am really proud to say I did this one totally "plein air". Yeh, I actually sat in a field and painted it this morning. Just a couple of studio tweaks when I got back but I think it is the first time I have ever really enjoyed painting outside. In fact I did two this morning so will put up the second one tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dar Presto said...

it's a beautiful piece, and a beautiful peace. I can sense the tranquility of sitting in the field.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Thank you Dar Presto. Yes it felt very peaceful sitting in that field today. I am going to go back there soon!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful, Sheila.
Isn't it great when you go outside, which is always inconvenient, and you get a good one?
I can feel the mist on my face.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Yes, it did feel great Mary, you're right.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home